Graduation Pledge Alliance - 2nd Update for 2005-2006
Dear Pledge Organizer,
1. Hopefully you have started some of your activities or are hard at work in planning for the spring. See a timeline used at one school for pledge planning online (http://www.graduationpledge.org/timeline.html).
2. Build up a stable structure, even now, for the group working on the Pledge at your school. It will help you better carry out your timeline, as well as make for a more stable Pledge organization or committee over the years. See the steps piece for both looking at possible pledge activities as well as establishing a good organizational structure (http://www.graduationpledge.org/campaign.html).
3. The two attachments here are drafts of our strategic plan, as well as a proposed structure (including decision-making)for the overall pledge organization. (PLEASE KEEP THESE PRIVATE TO YOUR ORGANIZATION.)Our national Advisory Board will be meeting very soon to discus them-- more later.
4. A little used but valuable resource for you and the Pledge is our GradPledge@yahoogroups.com list-serve. If you cannot post messages using that address, then you are not on the list-serve---but you can be easily added if you let us know! Use it to communicate with co-organizers to ask questions, make suggestions, or use otherwise to strengthen your Pledge work.
5. Last but not least, have a good and socially responsible holiday season. We're counting on you for a good effort this spring. And you can count on us for that, as well, here at campaign central.
Neil J. Wollman
Senior Fellow, The Peace Studies Institute
National Coordinator, The Graduation Pledge Alliance
MC Box 135
North Manchester, IN 46962